Thursday, January 2, 2014

S'mores d'oeuvre


My favorite part of having a bonfire is the S'mores. I'm sure it's everyone's favorite! Well here is a simple way to eat your favorite summer snack! My mother in law made these when we went home on vacation and they did not last very long at all! Did I mention their so easy to make?!


*Sorry for the blurry picture!*

Ingredients
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips (We just used 2 cups of whatever chocolate chips we had on hand.) 
  • 1 tbs shortening
  • marshmallows
  • graham cracker crumbs (We used graham crackers and put them in a zip lock bag and just used a rolling pin to smash up the graham crackers.)
Instructions
  1. First off you want to take both chocolate chips and shortening and melt the chocolate mix in a bowl. I did it in the microwave and every 25 seconds I took it out and stirred it. You can do on the stove totally up to you!
  2. In another bowl put in your graham cracker crumbs.
  3. Once chocolate is melted, you will take one marshmallow and dip it into the chocolate, then sprinkle some graham crackers on top of the chocolate mixture until it is coated. I used a spoon to pour the graham cracker mix over the marshmallow.
  4. Repeat steps until you run out of marshmallows or chocolate!
  5. Then lay the dipped marshmallow onto wax paper. Allow to fully dry and store in an air tight container.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment